What’s it really like to get an MBA degree online? We asked thousands of graduates from the best online MBA programs a series of questions that gets at all the key issues and challenges of doing a degree from your laptop. More than 1,200 online MBA alums from the past two years responded to our survey.
There’s good news all around? At the very best online MBA programs ranked by Poets&Quants, alumni give their schools high marks. Even programs ranked near the bottom of our top 35 schools are getting strong reviews. Indeed, we found fairly high rates of satisfaction on everything from the quality of the professors in the virtual classroom to the effectiveness of career advising in the program.
While our overall rank is based on three factors, including admissions standards and career outcomes, we specifically asked alumni to assess their academic and extracurricular online experience. When it came to the best online experiences, these ten programs stood out:
Top Ten Online MBA Programs Of 2019 Based On Student Satisfaction
- Hofstra University Zarb College of Business
- Jack Welch Management Institute
- USC Marshall School of Business
- Auburn University Harbert College of Business
- Carnegie Mellon Tepper School of Business
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business
- University of North Carolina Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Rochester Institute of Technology Saunders College of Business
- Lehigh University College of Business & Economics
- Northeastern University D’Amore-McKim School of Business
Here are some of the results of our alumni survey, used to help us rank the best online MBA experiences. Graduates were asked to respond to each question on a ten-point scale, with ten representing the best possible answer. We show the schools that performed best and the schools that didn’t do nearly as well on a number of key questions on our online survey.
POETS&QUANTS’ 2019 ONLINE RANKING PACKAGE
THE BEST ONLINE MBA PROGRAMS OF 2019
MEASURING STUDENT SATISFACTION IN ONLINE MBA PROGRAMS
ONLINE MBA PROGRAMS THAT DELIVER GREAT CAREER OUTCOMES
ONLINE MBA TEACHING: WHAT B-SCHOOL PROFESSORS REALLY THINK
ACCEPTANCE RATES, GMATS & MORE IN THE TOP MBA PROGRAMS
MOST AFFORDABLE (AND MOST EXPENSIVE) QUALITY MBA ONLINE PROGRAMS
THE 2019 ONLINE MBA RANKING: HOW WE CRUNCHED THE NUMBERS
Comments or questions about this article? Email us.