FROM PURDUE’S KRANNERT SCHOOL OF MANAGEMENT:
Both EMBA programs are highly valued choices for ambitious professionals looking to move their careers forward through a compelling alternative to traditional evening or weekend MBA programs.
Your World – Your Choice: The IMM Global EMBA program is implemented with four business schools around the world. Over 19 months, the five 2-week residencies take you to seven countries on four continents, providing a global perspective with local immersion. Like the EMBA program, the IMM utilizes residencies and distance learning to enable professionals to balance work and family demands. At graduation, you receive a Purdue MBA and an MBA from Tias (Netherlands) or CEU (Hungary).
Your Future – Our Commitment: The Purdue EMBA combines the convenience of flexible distance learning with concentrated, on-campus sessions. Earn your EMBA in only 19 months while minimizing disruptions to your career and family. The Purdue EMBA provides six electives from a list of 15 options to let you shape the curriculum to your personal and career goals. You’ll leave with a degree of global prestige from a top-ranked program at one of the world’s leading universities.
- IMM Global EMBA Geographic Distribution: The IMM generally attracts from 8-10 countries with 60-65% from outside the U.S. Recent representation includes: Armenia, China, Colombia, Germany, Hungary, Netherlands, Nigeria, Peru, South Africa, United Kingdom, United States.
- Purdue EMBA Geographic Distribution: This program attracts primarily from the U.S. with 13 states represented in the newest cohort: Alaska, Arkansas, California, Florida, Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Missouri, Montana, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin. Students are also coming from Germany and Singapore.
- Minorities: 34% (U.S. citizens of Asian, Hispanic, African, Native American, or Hawaiian descent)
- Veterans/Active Service Personnel: 13% – 28%
**Request information here**
What is the Purdue Difference?
Four factors make Purdue stand out relative to other programs:
1) The Structure: Both of our programs combine quarterly on-campus learning with advanced on-line instruction and interaction. Between campus residencies, you interact with your group members, work on team assignments, discuss management issues, and interact with the faculty. You do this from home to minimize disruptions to work and family obligations. The quarterly travel means that your fellow professionals in the class can and do come from around the world. This allows you a much broader array of insights and networking than most local or regional programs.
2) The People: The people you meet during the program are important to your learning success. First, we recruit professionals who are dealing with challenges such as yourself. We require a minimum of five years’ work experience and we achieve an average of 13 years. So, you will be learning not just from the faculty, but also from your fellow students. And these fellow students will bring an array of experiences as they arrive from around the U.S. (for the Purdue EMBA) and around the world (for the IMM Global EMBA). Second, we engage our top faculty to teach in the program. They bring insights from their many years as instructors and from working with companies around the world. Third, we’ve collected a top team to run the executive education program. They are ready to guide you through the application process and then support you throughout the program.
3) The Cohort: We adhere to a cohort approach – all students start the program together and go through the whole program together, and graduate together. This camaraderie forms ties that will help you after graduation as you continue to deal with work challenges. The ties formed are strong since each residency is 1-2 weeks in length. You not only interact in the classroom, but you work on projects in the evenings and also attend social events as a group. The bonding through these residencies is hard to recreate through other, shorter formats.
4) The Personalized Program: Both the IMM Global EMBA and Purdue EMBA offer approaches to personalize the program to your career goals and interests. In the IMM program, this is achieved by providing you with a global perspective via local immersion. You travel with your cohort to six countries and experience how business takes place in each location. This is integrated with classroom instruction and cultural experiences. In the Purdue EMBA, you have a range of electives. The functional electives are voted on from a list developed from student ideas. The immersion electives are a feature that only Purdue offers. They are workshop-style classes (5-10 students) with the curriculum development in the partnership between students and faculty, thus personalizing the course to student interests. Recent topics include management consulting, speaking skills, preparing for an international assignment, trust in organizations, compensation systems, and more).
Never Feel Like a Number
The Executive MBA selection process is too important for you to receive automated responses or to have to jump through hoops to engage with us. That’s why we offer the Free Personalized Engagement Package – so you can make the decision that’s best for you. This package includes:
Resume review: We’ll help you determine if our EMBA or IMM program is a good fit for your experience and goals.
EMBA program comparison: Let us do your homework for you! We’ll personally stack the IMM Global EMBA and Purdue EMBA programs up against as many as three other schools, and compare them along 23 key dimensions of interest. You choose the schools and we’ll deliver the report.
Webinar access: Get valuable insight into our program with no cost or obligation.
VIP pass to an on-campus “EMBA Experience” Day: Includes a complimentary overnight stay at the historic
Union Club Hotel at Purdue or nearby location, followed by open-house access to engage with our executive education team, attend an EMBA class and have lunch with current students. Don’t just read about EMBA programs – come and live the experience.
As the IMM Global EMBA and Purdue EMBA provide a general management degree, the foundational courses are the same:
Legal and Ethical Environments
Active Learning Project (ALP)
Unique to the IMM Global EMBA: Technology Management; Global Strategy: Doing Business in Latin America; International Financial Management; International Negotiations
Unique to Purdue EMBA: Change Management; Risk Management; 3 functional electives; 3 immersion electives. For the most recent cohort, the selected functional electives were Mergers & Acquisitions, Negotiations, and Management Information Systems for Leaders. The immersion electives selected were game theory, trust in organizations, presentation skills, supply-chain management, lean manufacturing, international challenges, management consulting, compensation systems, and advanced finance.
What is the Purdue Value?
To make your life easier, we provide everything within the program aside from transportation. You will receive on-line and in-class education, lodging during all the residencies (at Purdue or abroad), meals during residencies, transportation during residencies to companies and social events, ipads/e-books, alumni interaction, and related classroom materials. All of this is provided for only $80,000 for both EMBA programs. After graduation, students join our dynamic alumni group with networking opportunities at alumni receptions and Alumni Days on campus. There are over 2000 Executive MBA alumni, over 40,000 School of Management Alumni, and over 400,000 Purdue University alumni. Financial aid and limited scholarships are available to help finance your education.
The program really made me think, for the first time, that I could combine my business skills and my international skills in a different way than I had thought before. It gave me an overall strategy to put all the pieces together.
Founder, SR International
Author: “Expanding the Pie: Fostering Effective NGO and Corporate Partnerships”
IMM Global EMBA 2002
“When I decided to get an advanced degree, I wanted a degree that mattered but didn’t necessarily want to interrupt my flying career. The Krannert Executive MBA program allowed me to complete a top-notch program and to increase my value to the U.S. Coast Guard. It prepared me to manage multi-million dollar projects and a $13M budget at the USCG Aviation Logistics Center.”
Neil Wilson, CDR, USCG Ret.
“The Krannert EMBA experience transformed my approach to problem-solving. My solutions now integrate strategic and financial considerations that provided a greater impact on my company. I developed the confidence to take on larger projects within my firm, professional organizations, and in my community.”
Eugene A. Hawkins, Quality Manager
Praxair Surface Technologies
“The IMM program brings the kind of career experience you can only get by working in another country. The program combines engineering management with managerial finance in an environment where you are forced to work globally. The program brings students from across the world with a variety of backgrounds, leveraging professors from a number of international leading universities. For me, the program brought not only the global experience which is critical in today’s business environment but an understanding of financial terms in context with engineering and manufacturing.”
Program Manager, The Boeing Company
IMM Global EMBA 2009
“I hold a BS in Mechanical Engineering and gained my work experience in working with engineers and manufacturers. I found the EMBA program to be challenging, relevant, and providing me with the business tools I needed to take the next step. Upon graduation, I was promoted to a VP position. A year later I had the confidence and business knowledge to take the leap of starting my own company.”
As a student in a Purdue EMBA program, you have access to a broad set of career services designed for the working professional. The services are introduced during the orientation and continue throughout the program and after graduation. We also have a dedicated career services advisor to help you develop a career plan to best leverage the skills and knowledge gained through the program.
Contact the Purdue University Executive MBA Programs Office
Associate Director of Admissions
**Request information here**